Saturday, December 8, 2007

Vista Removed,Ubuntu Wireless worked!

What's the difference between secrets and mysteries? The former are boring while the latter are fun. I installed openSUSE on my laptop.For some unknown reason it disabled vista,which came with the Gateway T1616,and was the only OS on which the wireless worked(Yes,it was in good condition,typically slow,and I seldom used it). Before that,I've tried every method I can find from google to get wireless work on ubuntu,but it somehow didn't work. However,that's no longer true after Vista disappeared! Microsoft always surprise us!

1 comment:

Bill said...

I just got the same laptop. I was able to use the 8187b realtek linux driver but I could not connect to the router more than 1 room away.

I have not been able to get ndiswrapper working with 7.10 what driver did you use xp win2000?

I am thinking about wiping out vista just to try the wifi ndiswrapper. Ill keep watching this blog =)